In this episode, Chris joins me again from Melbourne, Australia, to talk about his own journey of healing, relapses and recovery, involving decades of therapy and being part of support groups, as well as findings answers and help in the fields of neuroscience, biology and functional medicine. He shares with us insights and wisdoms gained throughout six decades of life, after having left the gay lifestyle and sought a path of healing and celibacy.
*Trigger warning: discussion involves sexual abuse, sexual addictions and behaviors as well as relapses throughout a recovery journey*
N.B. This episode is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers with any questions you may have regarding a particular medical condition, or if you’d like to know more about what is being covered in this episode.
Links to resources mentioned in the episode:
– Broken Brain podcast episode: What If It Only Took 5 Minutes To Change Your Health? with Dr. Rangan Chatterjee
– Amen Clinics – Leading US innovative psychiatric clinic using brain scans to help diagnose and treat psychiatric and other health conditions holistically
– Free 5-minute online brain health assessment from Amen Clinics
– “Straight & Narrow? Compassion Clarity in the Homosexuality Debate” by Thomas E. Schmidt
– “The End of Mental Illness” book
– The Institute for Functional Medicine
– Finding a functional medicine practitioner
– The End of Alzheimer’s – Dr. Dale Bredesen
– Step minus one workshop – the missing physical aspect of sexual recovery
– The functional medicine matrix
You can listen to the podcast using these apps as well: